As an independent research organization, the Morgridge Institute for Research explores uncharted scientific territory to discover tomorrow’s cures. In affiliation with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, we support researchers who take a fearless approach to advancing human health in emerging fields such as regenerative biology, metabolism, virology and biomedical imaging. Through public programming, we work to inspire scientific curiosity in everyday life.
The Administrative Assistant acts as part of a team to provide administrative support as directed by the Director of Administration for members of the executive suite and investigators as assigned. Responsibilities include serving as a personal assistant to assigned investigators, assisting, and greeting individuals on the phone and in person, maintaining schedules and travel and assisting with special projects. This position requires an elevated level of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Manage and coordinate calendars and meetings by scheduling, generating agendas, reserving rooms, inviting attendees, and booking resources/catering in a timely manner, as needed.
- Coordinate travel including air travel, ground transportation and hotel accommodation as requested.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and escorting them to their appropriate destination within and outside of the Discovery Building i.e., hotels, UW campus labs, etc.
- Process monthly expense reports, reimbursement, and other billing duties.
- Maintain conference room setup, supplies, and cleanliness.
- Assist with monthly organization-wide coffee break.
- Maintain office supplies for executive suite and kitchenettes by checking inventory and ordering items.
- Maintain tidy reception area.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as assigned.
- Manage seminar postings on each floor and on Helix.
- Maintain and order coffee/refreshments in the reception area (including coordinating the pod recycling program).
- Make copies as required for all staff.
- Maintain office and cubicle space charts including printing cube nameplates.
- Assisting with addressing and mailing holiday cards.
- Manage/make requests for routine building maintenance, furniture requests or other things that need to be addressed.
- Maintain tidy kitchenettes by weekly maintenance of coffee makers and quarterly refrigerator upkeep.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
Education and Experience:
- A two-year administrative degree or equivalent work experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience, preferably in a fast-paced organization, is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all receptionist duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a concise manner.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
- Superior organizational skills and committed to completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Attention to detail is essential in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Executes administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a team from across the organization and to act independently under general direction.
In order to insure the safety of our workplace, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required unless an exemption is granted for medical, disability or religious reasons.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are required to submit a cover letter and resume as one document via the link below.