As an independent research organization, the Morgridge Institute for Research explores uncharted scientific territory to discover tomorrow’s cures. In affiliation with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, we support researchers who take a fearless approach to advancing human health in emerging fields such as regenerative biology, metabolism, virology and medical engineering. Through public programming, we work to inspire scientific curiosity in everyday life.
The Morgridge Institute is looking to hire a part-time Administrative Assistant to act as part of a team providing administrative support, as indicated by the Director of Administration. This position requires a high level of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Responsibilities include assisting and greeting individuals on the phone and in person, assisting with internal and external communications as they relate to seminars and events, and managing special projects. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain files, including other organizational tasks such as expense report preparation, conference registration and general travel arrangements.
- Instruct and assist with iPad/conference room schedules and postings and maintain conference room setup, supplies, and cleanliness.
- Coordinate and organize weekly organization-wide break.
- Maintain office supplies for executive suite and kitchenettes by checking inventory and ordering items
- Secure CEO’s signature on correspondence/cards
- Manage/make requests for routine building maintenance i.e. changing light bulbs, or other things that need to be addressed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
We are seeking a responsible professional who can commit to 19 hours per week and has availability during the work week (Monday through Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.). Our office is convenient to multiple routes for the Madison Metro Bus Service.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, a good communicator, helpful, and able to work independently. The person in this role must be able to complete all duties with an impeccable level of accuracy, with high quality and in a concise manner. Proficiency with computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is essential. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and be able to collaborate with a team from across the organization. The ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
A two-year administrative degree or equivalent work experience is desired, as is a minimum of 5 years previous experience in an administrative role within a fast-paced organization.
Interested candidates should submit using the link below.