As an independent research organization, the Morgridge Institute for Research explores uncharted scientific territory to discover tomorrow’s cures. In affiliation with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, we support researchers who take a fearless approach to advancing human health in emerging fields such as regenerative biology, metabolism, virology and medical engineering. Through public programming, we work to inspire scientific curiosity in everyday life.
The Help Desk Specialist serves as the IT coordinator for providing assistance to users of the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery, WARF and the Morgridge Institute for Research. Responsibilities include coordinating basic user technical training and support, maintaining the IT department’s library of instructional materials for user applications and making recommendations for additions to software, hardware and tools.
- Assist employees with IT-related questions over the phone and in person
- Configure, install, troubleshoot and repair PCs
- Coordinate activities in support of user training and assistance requests
- Plan & participate in the implementation, migration, and maintenance of the network infrastructure
- Keep management up to date on the status of incidents, projects, and service requests
- Work with users and IT personnel to ensure that user assistance is being provided effectively and efficiently
- Train users in learning company-provided applications and assist in problem solving for applications issues
- Maintain the Help Desk tickets
- Recognize problem areas and develop pro-active solutions
- Test new software applications and recommend purchases where required
- Provide timely follow-up to users and management on all support issues
- Assist with network and service management when necessary
- Assist other members of technical staff with support issues when requested
- Maintain physical inventory
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
Education and Experience:
- An associate’s degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent work experience; bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science is preferred
- One year of infrastructure/network support or related IT experience
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are required to submit a cover letter and resume as one document via the link below.