The global outbreak of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and its associated disease COVID-19 is rapidly evolving and has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. Below are links to authoritative, frequently updated information at the global, national and state levels on the outbreak, recommended precautions, and additional relevant resources. Since the situation is highly dynamic, frequent consultation of these sources is recommended.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), an arm of the National Institutes of Health
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- University Health Services at UW-Madison
- UW-Madison: COVID-19 Updates
Centers of virology research at UW-Madison and the Morgridge Institute
Due to the continuously emerging and shifting threat of numerous viruses to human health, the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Morgridge Institute are dedicated to fundamental research to understand and control deadly viruses and their diseases.