This Copyright License Agreement (“Agreement”) is made by and between the undersigned individual (“Artist”), a person eligible under the published rules to compete in the Ethics Cartooning Competition, and the Morgridge Institute for Research, a nonprofit Wisconsin research organization (“Morgridge Institute”) located at 330 N. Orchard Street, Madison, WI 53715. By submitting the creative images, graphics, designs, or other creative work (“Work”) to the competition, Artist hereby agrees to the terms of this Agreement herein below:
Morgridge Institute wishes to obtain a license to Work submitted to Morgridge Institute in connection with the Ethics Cartooning Competition (“Competition”).
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the covenants and promises herein contained, Artist and Morgridge Institute agree as follows:
- This Agreement applies to Work submitted for the Competition. Artist represents and warrants that Artist is the original creator of the Work, that the Work has not been copied from others, and that Artist has the right to license the Work. This Agreement does not oblige Artist to create a Work nor to submit a Work to the Competition.
- Artist hereby grants Morgridge Institute a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and license to: display, copy, transmit, distribute, and perform the Work, in whole or in part, and to incorporate the Work, in whole or in part, into any other works (Derivative Works), at any time during and after the Competition. The rights and license granted to Morgridge Institute include, but are not limited to, reproduction and distribution of the Work in printed and electronic materials and in video recordings and in any other format or media, whether now known and existing or hereafter discovered or developed, and posting of the work on website(s).
- All other right, title, and interest in the Work, including without limitation, any copyright, shall remain with Artist. Subsequent to the competition, the Artist’s name will appear on any and all reproductions of the Work made by the Morgridge Institute. The Artist’s name will not appear on the work displayed for public voting during the competition.
- This Agreement enters into effect on the date Artist submits the Work to the Competition.
- This Agreement constitutes the full understanding between the parties with reference to the subject matter hereof, and no statements or agreements, whether oral or written or made prior to the signing hereof, shall vary or modify the written terms of this Agreement. No amendment or modification to this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party.
- Each party agrees that the electronic signatures of the parties included in this Agreement are intended to authenticate this writing and to have the same force and effect as manual signatures.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have duly executed this Agreement as of the date it is signed.
Morgridge Institute for Research, Inc.
Chief Executive Officer
September 16, 2019