This Copyright License Agreement (“Agreement”) is made by and between the undersigned individual (“Artist”), a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow at the Morgridge Institute for Research, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, or an affiliated research center or institute, and the Morgridge Institute for Research, a nonprofit Wisconsin research organization (“Morgridge Institute”) located at 330 N. Orchard Street, Madison, WI 53715. By submitting the Work, Artist hereby agrees to the terms of this Agreement herein below:
Morgridge Institute wishes to obtain a license to creative images, graphics, designs, or other creative works (Work), submitted to Morgridge Institute for use in connection with the Ethics Cartooning Competition (“Competition”) and in furtherance of Morgridge Institute’s research and educational mission.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the covenants and promises herein contained, Artist and Morgridge Institute agree as follows:
- This Agreement applies to Work submitted for the Competition. Artist will be the creator of the Work and has the right to license the Work. This Agreement does not oblige Artist to create a Work nor to submit a Work to the Competition.
- Artist hereby grants Morgridge Institute a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, and irrevocable right and license to: display, copy, transmit, distribute, and perform the Work, in whole or in part, and to incorporate the Work, in whole or in part, into any other works (Derivative Works), at any time during and after the Competition. The rights and license granted to Morgridge Institute include, but are not limited to, reproduction and distribution of the Work in printed and electronic materials and in video recordings and in any other format or media, whether now known and existing or hereafter discovered or developed, and posting of the work on website(s).
- All other right, title, and interest in the Work, including without limitation, any copyright, shall remain with Artist, provided that the Artist shall own the copyright therein. The Artist’s name will appear on any and all reproductions of the Work.
- This Agreement enters into effect on the date Artist submits the Work to the Competition.
- This Agreement constitutes the full understanding between the parties with reference to the subject matter hereof, and no statements or agreements, whether oral or written or made prior to the signing hereof, shall vary or modify the written terms of this Agreement. No amendment or modification to this Agreement is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party.
- Each party agrees that the electronic signatures of the parties included in this Agreement are intended to authenticate this writing and to have the same force and effect as manual signatures.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, this Agreement will be deemed to have been duly executed as of the date Artist submits the Work to the Competition.